Thursday, April 30, 2009

Welcome Movie Lovers

Welcome to my movie club!! I got this idea from my mom to watch all of the movies nominated for Best Picture but don't want to do it alone! I thought, why not start a movie club instead of a book club? Here's how it will work. We will do one movie a month (because I know some of you are busy!) and then we can chat about it on here. I will use a random number thing online to pick the movie every month. I was going to go in order but I thought we might get bored watching a bunch of old movies all in a row. You may have to use Netflix or Blockbuster.com because I don't know if you can find some of the really old ones in a store. There are, as of this year, 465 movies dating back to 1927!

I will give the title, rating, and synopsis of each movie to give you an idea if you want to participate that month. I know everyone has different standards regarding what they watch and I don't want to have you watch something that will offend you. I can tell you there are a couple I won't watch (Silence of the Lambs, A Clockwork Orange) because of things I have heard or seen. There will be no judgment from others for choosing to skip a movie and we are all entitled to our opinions and convictions. I want this to be a fun place to discuss the great movies of the past and present.

So grab some friends, some popcorn & candy and let's go to the movies!!

1 comment:

  1. This is the greatest idea! I'm definitely joining... maybe I'll get some girls around here to do it with me. This is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete